Stats

Thursday 29 April 2010

3rd Election Debate

The 3rd and final election debate between the three main political part leaders came to a head on BBC1 earlier tonight. Unfortunately I missed the first 15 minutes of the debate. That aside, I thought the debate itself was too formal for my liking and very restrained and in this regard was abit of an anti climax. Unfortunately, there were no highlights, memorable moments or sound bites for me to reflect on.

David Dimbleby as a host did an outstanding job. His extensive broadcasting experience and personal touch shone through and even made some effort to ask follow up questions even though the style and format did not allow for this.

On a slightly irrelevant note with respect to visuals and aesthetics (my favourite words), the BBC's broadcast resolution was very crisp but only second to Sky's. I thought Sky's had a better set and their broadcast images had a nicely soft glossy feel to it. That said, I was most impressed with the BBC's team of lighting crew. Fantastic job. Furthermore I was also impressed by the non use of graphic idents on the BBC. Sky grossly misused it and was very distracting indeed and very annoyning.

In terms of my overall enjoyment and entertainment value comparing all three election debates, the 2nd election debate from Sky was by far the best of the three. David Dimbleby from the BBC was the best host and ITV's coverage was a fucking horrendous. Not the least bit interested in who won each debate - thats for others to debate but if you really want to know my thoughts, hear they are:
  • Nick "i am too sexy for my shirt" Clegg won the first election debate by a country mile because no one had really seen or heard him speak extensively.
  • Flash Gordon won the second debate by demolishing Clegg on trident.
  • Cameron won the third I thought by completely dismissing Flash Gordon altogether and referred to him as a desperate man,  
I fellt a tad sorry for Flash Gordon tonight. He looked broken but fought on and fought hard regardless. I am abit saddened that these historic live tv debates have finally come to an end earlier tonight and hope this sets a president for future debates with a much more interactive audience participation. In an ideal world, what I would have liked to have seen was the three main leaders on a special extended edition of the channel 4 news with John Snow.

Happy voting !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment